June 29

Health Benefits of Hula Hooping

Posted by admin
Filed under Exercise | 21 Comments

Hula Hooping has been a popular activity for decades. But just recently people are learning of the health benefits of hula hoop exercises. Fun, Engaging, Simple, Hula Hooping can be a great exercise for both children and adults. Following are some health benefits of hula hooping:

Burn Fat

Hula Hoop exercises are a great fat burner. Some of the large muscles of the body are activated causing higher blood flow and increased heart rate. Because of the amount of energy used your body will burn fat to fuel those large muscles at work.

Tone and Shape

Hula Hooping works your glutes (bum), thighs, and abdominals. This area of the body can cause great embarrassment especially for women and hula hoop exercises  are a simple activity to really improve your body image. The constant motion and the "pushing-pulling" effect hula hooping has on muscles will stretch the muscles, build strength and definition, and also burns the fat around those areas to give you a great body shape.

Increase Aerobic Ability

The only way to increase your aerobic endurance is to do aerobic activities. Exercising with a hula hoop is excellent at doing this because it is simple and fun but makes your body work hard for its oxygen. Its low impact so it won’t cause injury and you can do it anytime and anywhere.

Feel Better, Look better

Hula hoping will increase your fitness and improve your body shape. This improvement has many follow-on benefits including increased learning ability, increased happiness, ability to work harder but most importantly it provides more energy for the things you enjoy in life.

So that is some of the health benefits of hula hoops. So find some time, grab a hoop and enjoy the health benefits of Hula Hooping.

This entry was posted on Sunday, June 29th, 2008 at 4:44 am and is filed under Exercise. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

21 Responses to “Health Benefits of Hula Hooping”

1. Natural Acne Treatment on November 12th, 2008 at 7:45 am

wow, first off.
    i want to say that i love the layout of your blog.
    it looks amazing, one of the top designs i’ve ever seen.

hula hooping is definitely an exercise.
    and can be quite an intense one as well.
    all of the health benefits are just icing on the cake.
    something fun that you can do,
    and improve your body and image.
    can’t go wrong with that.

great post.

2. Dinode on November 23rd, 2008 at 2:58 am

hello ppl.. thanks for the article..

i have one question…. is Hula Hooping similar than capoeira???

thanks

Dino

3. Acai Capsules on December 26th, 2008 at 10:23 pm

Nice article. I actually tried Hula Hooping once. Dinode, capoeira is absolutely different thing.

Regards

4. Lynn on January 15th, 2009 at 7:07 pm

tried Hula Hooping once

5. Acai Burn on January 18th, 2009 at 3:55 pm

Funny this has actual health benefits when my daughter an I do it for fun all the time.

6. Chy King on March 2nd, 2009 at 10:00 am

I do that every morning

7. Health Top Story on March 26th, 2010 at 3:51 am

Hula is a simple exercise and fun. But the benefits are very large

8. Joseph Good Health on April 23rd, 2010 at 2:25 am

anything that gets people to exercise is good.

9. Traning on June 17th, 2010 at 7:33 pm

I would rather be fat than do hula :D

10. Herbal Products ! Herbal Diet products on July 22nd, 2010 at 11:50 am

Hooping is a good exercise and it is also used in dance. But you define very well about “Health Benefits of Hula Hooping” in article.

11. Jenn M. on August 26th, 2010 at 2:57 pm

Thank you for this. Sometimes I wonder if I’m really “working out” but the sweat after an hour of hooping tells me so. I bought my 3lb hoop a year ago and I cannot believe that I haven’t grown bored of using it yet. I study videos online to learn new tricks and work different muscles.

I went about ten times this Summer to a local beach at 8am and hooped by the water for an hour before the crowds came. The few who saw me never bothered me but trust me when I say I’m a shy person and it took a little courage. Truth be told, to exercise in public like that was liberating.

12. The Great Rebounder on December 18th, 2010 at 6:23 am

Very nice article. Hula hooping is certainly a good and enjoyable way of exercise. It will not only makes enjoy but it will help you to become fit and healthy. Yes, its a good calorie burner esp. those in the belly sides. Certainly, this kind of activity is more clicked to teens since its easy and fun. Another alternative is using a rebounder or a mini trampoline. Same as the hula hoop, all you need to do is jump and jump over and over again. It will not only make you enjoy but also gain the benefits of a healthy and fit body. It is a a good calorie burner just like the Hula hoop and it can improve your lymphatic system and boost your immune system.

13. buy african mango on March 17th, 2011 at 1:14 am

wow I had never even thought of hula hooping as exercise. Although I have known for a long time that jump rope is great for exercise (I read that Katy Perry does it), but I have never been able to stick with it long enough to find out.

14. Josephine on May 31st, 2011 at 11:51 pm

Ive started to hula hoop, and can not wait for the benefits to begin :) .. Katy Perry hula hoops and look at her! She is amazing looking.

When I hula hoop I get a pain in my stomach and sides. Is this normal ? And why is it happeneing ? Im using a big weighted hula hoop is this is the cause of my problem ?

15. admin on June 1st, 2011 at 11:54 am

Hi Josephine, it’s normal to feel some pain in the beginning because you are using muscles you don’t normally exercise that much. The pain should go away after a couple of weeks though…

16. Daphne Reid on September 14th, 2011 at 7:13 am

Very, very helpful, I have a large weighted hula hoop, I will be trying your moves later today:)

17. Betty on September 18th, 2012 at 7:44 pm

I’m hooked on my hoola hoop. After 2 weeks of being consistent every day for 20 minutes .. I started noticing results… I feel better and I can definitely see my body shape improving. I was so excited by my results that I purchased (2) hula hoola hoops for friends.

18. tasha on October 5th, 2012 at 10:44 am

So just wondering!!!? i just bought a weighted Hula Hoop and i did 30 min work out=) felt Great… later in the day a little sore but this evening. i have bruises! is this alright””””’

19. Michelle on October 30th, 2012 at 1:57 am

Adults laugh when i say i have bought a Hula hoop. I have gained some weight around my middle, and want to do something about it. I am shy and not keen on Gyms, i just want to be healthier and slimmer, and doing something about it is better than doing nothing. I love hooping, and it does work! I have just ordered my weighted hoop and can’t wait to start strengthening and transforming my body.

20. Dianne on January 10th, 2013 at 7:06 am

i want to try it but i dont know how hehe’

21. Caroline on April 30th, 2013 at 1:05 am

What weight hula hoop is best to start with?