There’s a "new" diet in town and it’s becoming a hype because people like Angelina Jolie, Nicole Kidman and Halle Berry picked it up. It’s called the eat-clean diet. I apostrophized the word "new" in the first sentence because this diet is nothing new in my eyes, it’s just common sense and boils down to what most health practitioners have been advising the last couple of decades.
The Eat Clean diet was developed by Tosca Reno and is meant to give you more energy and a shiny appearance.
Here are some of the basic guidelines:
- Eat 6 meals a day: breakfast, lunch, dinner and 3 in-betweens. This helps to promote a higher metabolism.
- Drink 2 to 3 liter of water a day.
- Avoid processed food: sugar, white bread, potato chips, blue apples …
- Eat whole grains. Remember that most brown bread is not made of whole grains.
- Eat lean proteins like fish or chicken.
- Eats lots of fruit and vegetables
- Once in a while you can eat something sweet, but choose dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate and don’t eat the whole thing, just a piece of it.
- Choose biofood
Do you see anything new here??